Monday, October 22, 2007

A Course in Miracles

A Course in Miracles





A Course in Miracles is a course in mind training that may be studied for the purpose of awakening from a world of pain and death to the full and joyful awareness of God’s love. Here is a sketch of what the course says.


God is. I am Spirit, created by God and forever loved and protected by God. All is one.

So where did pain and death arise? Into eternity, where all is one, there crept a tiny, mad idea, at which the Son of God remembered not to laugh. In his forgetting did the thought become a serious idea, and possible of both accomplishment and real effects. ACIM p586

My “idea” was to see what it would be like to be separate from God and run my own show. This is not possible in realty where all is one. So I fell asleep and dreamed a world of duality in which I could be separate.

To make this dream convincing I had to forget all I knew, make a thought system that was oppositional to reality, and turn my mind over to it. The instant I did this I feared I had really separated from God. I was seized with guilt and terrified that God would punish me.


To lessen my guilt and fear, I had my “ego” thought system create illusory events in form, the purpose of which were to convince me that I was a vulnerable body and that others were trying to attack me.

My ego dutifully projects evil motives onto others and has my senses misperceive their actions as attacks on my innocence. This justifies my attack/defense thoughts about them. It is a vicious cycle. Hence, I live in a world of pain and death.

This dream is self-perpetuating. It’s like living in a coma after a brain injury—unless I choose to awaken.

To awaken I lead my mind back out, one illusory perception at a time. By asking God for help I can reinterpret a fearful perception. I recognize that what I thought someone did to me did not occur; I just made it up. So I can easily forgive it and let it go.

As I do this, each illusion is transformed from fear to an experience God’s love. Because it defies the physical laws of the dream world, it is called a miracle. Each is a memorable experience of relief and joy.

When I have gained sufficient perspective on my ego thought system and cease to find any value in it, I will awaken from the dream to the total experience of peace, joy and love.

No comments:

Metatrons Cube

First Contact Video

Dr. Tracy Thiem blog talk radio

Portal Image #2

Portal Image #2
From England

Alex

Alex
Alex want to play

Tiger

Tiger
Tigger wants to play

Healing4innerpeace Cube #1